Our unique analysis of the bills Pompeo has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Pompeo is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Pompeo for more statistics.
Mike Pompeo sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- House Select Committee on the Events Surrounding the 2012 Terrorist Attack in Benghazi
Pompeo sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Pompeo’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6375: Power And Security Systems (PASS) Act
- H.R. 6214: Power And Security Systems (PASS) Act
- H.R. 5940: No Ransom Payments Act of 2016
- H.Res. 830: Calling for all parties to respect the arbitral tribunal ruling with regard to ...
- H.R. 5333: No Impunity for Iranian Aggression at Sea Act of 2016
- H.R. 5318: SHIELD Act of 2016
- H.R. 5200: Iran-Russia Cooperation Reporting Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Pompeo’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5055: Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017
May 26, 2016. Failed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 1191: Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015
May 14, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2016, Pompeo missed 129 of 4,129 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 38 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: