Quigley is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Quigley has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Dec 2, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Mike Quigley sits on the following committees:
Quigley was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 3537: Accelerating Access to Critical Therapies for ALS Act
- H.R. 4345: Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, 2022
- H.R. 2249: Willie O’Ree Congressional Gold Medal Act
- H.R. 22: Congressional Budget Justification Transparency Act of 2021
- H.R. 7668 (116th): Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, 2021
- H.R. 1023 (116th): Great Lakes Fishery Research Authorization Act of 2019
- H.R. 3735 (116th): Law Enforcement Suicide Data Collection Act
Does 11 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Quigley sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Crime and Law Enforcement (19%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Economics and Public Finance (15%) Immigration (13%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (13%) Health (11%) Emergency Management (6%) Energy (6%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Quigley recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 8254: Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, 2023
- H.Res. 1150: Supporting the designation of May 2022 as “National Brain Tumor Awareness Month”.
- H.R. 7923: Investor Justice Act of 2022
- H.R. 7605: PAST Act of 2022
- H.R. 6646: Trafficking Reduction And Criminal Enforcement (TRACE) Act
- H.R. 5533: Reducing Waste in National Parks Act
- H.R. 4972: Advanced Energy Technologies and Grid Efficiency Act of 2021
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Apr 2009 to Dec 2022, Quigley missed 196 of 8,693 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: