Our unique analysis of the bills Ross sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ross is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Ross was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 781 (110th): To redesignate Lock and Dam No. 5 of the McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation System near Redfield, Arkansas, authorized by the Rivers and Harbors Act approved July 24, ...
- H.R. 2011 (110th): To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 100 East 8th Avenue in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, as the “George Howard, Jr. Federal Building and ...
- H.R. 3853 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 208 South Main Street in Parkdale, Arkansas, as the Willie Vaughn Post Office.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Ross sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Ross’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4793 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on 1,3-Dibromo-5-Dimethylhydantoin.
- H.R. 4786 (112th): To extend the suspension of duty on Butralin.
- H.R. 4784 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on Daminozide.
- H.R. 4776 (112th): To extend the suspension of duty on Pentaerythritol tetrakis[3-(dodecylthio)propionate].
- H.R. 4787 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on Bis(2,3-dibromopropyl ether) of Tetrabromobisphenol A.
- H.R. 4795 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on certain urea resins.
- H.R. 4792 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on allyl bromide.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Ross’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 2017 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Act, 2012
Jun 2, 2011. Passed 231/188.
H.Con.Res. 332 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives and a conditional recess or adjournment of ...
Nov 17, 2010. Passed 234/184.
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 1525 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the bill (H.R. 1424) to amend section 712 of ...
Oct 3, 2008. Passed 223/205.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2001 to Jan 2013, Ross missed 157 of 8,568 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 74 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: