Read our 2016 Report Card for Rounds.
Our unique analysis of the bills Rounds has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Rounds is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Mike Rounds sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Chair, Subcommittee on Superfund, Waste Management, and Regulatory Oversight
- Member, Subcommittee on Fisheries, Water, and Wildlife
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Member, Subcommittee on National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Member, Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Rounds sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rounds’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 235: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that the Secretary of Defense ...
- S.Con.Res. 22: Whole of Society Cyber Personnel Cooperation Resolution of 2017
- S. 1579: Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection Advisory Board Enhancement Act
- S. 1443: Department of Defense Software Management Improvement Act of 2017
- S. 1388: A bill to amend title 10, United States Code, to repeal the requirement ...
- S. 1387: TRICARE Expedited Evaluation and Treatment for Prenatal Surgery Act of 2017
- S. 1381: A bill to require a report on the extension of authorities to the ...
|Rounds’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Bill Passed 72/26.
H.R. 644: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015
Feb 11, 2016. Conference Report Agreed to 75/20.
This bill became the vehicle for the passage of the Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015, which includes a variety of requirements on trade protection and general trade policy. It would authorize and fund United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP), an agency ...
H.R. 22: Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act
Dec 3, 2015. Conference Report Agreed to 83/16.
H.R 22, formerly the Hire More Heroes Act, has become the Senate’s vehicle for passage of the Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act or DRIVE Act (S. 1647). The DRIVE Act is a major bipartisan transportation bill that would authorize funding ...
From Jan 2015 to Aug 2017, Rounds missed 7 of 689 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: