Read our 2016 Report Card for Thompson.
Our unique analysis of the bills Thompson has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Thompson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Mike Thompson sits on the following committees:
Thompson was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 5106 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 100 Admiral Callaghan Lane in Vallejo, California, as the “Philmore Graham Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 3004 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 260 California Drive in Yountville, California, as the “Private First Class Alejandro R. Ruiz Post ...
- H.R. 6237 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1351 2nd Street in Napa, California, as the “Tom Kongsgaard Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 6387 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 337 West Clark Street in Eureka, California, as the “Sam Sacco Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 2429 (110th): To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide an exception to the 60-day limit on Medicare reciprocal billing arrangements between two physicians during the ...
- H.R. 3007 (110th): To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide an exception to the 60-day limit on Medicare reciprocal billing arrangements between two physicians during the ...
- H.R. 233 (109th): Northern California Coastal Wild Heritage Wilderness Act
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Thompson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Thompson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1691: Earthquake Mitigation Incentive and Tax Parity Act of 2017
- H.R. 1589: Fair Access to Health Care Act of 2017
- H.Res. 164: Supporting the goals and ideals of National Women’s History Month.
- H.R. 919: Portable Fuel Container Safety Act of 2017
- H.Res. 882 (114th): Encouraging the observance of the week beginning on October 9, 2016, as ...
- H.R. 5900 (114th): Portable Fuel Container Safety Act of 2016
- H.R. 5610 (114th): Earthquake Mitigation Tax Incentive Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Thompson’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 612: A bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria Street in Laredo, Texas, as the “George P. Kazen Federal Building ...
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 360/61.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 5771 (113th): Tax Increase Prevention Act of 2014
Dec 3, 2014. Passed 378/46.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 1765 (113th): Reducing Flight Delays Act of 2013
Apr 26, 2013. Passed 361/41.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3325 (110th): Prioritizing Resources and Organization for Intellectual Property Act of 2008
Sep 28, 2008. Passed 381/41.
From Jan 1999 to Apr 2017, Thompson missed 170 of 12,532 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 91 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: