Read our 2018 Report Card for Thompson.
Thompson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Thompson has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 14, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Mike Thompson sits on the following committees:
Thompson was the primary sponsor of 13 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 2254 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2635 Napa Street in Vallejo, California, as the “Janet Capello Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 3327: Jack Alderson Toxic Exposure Declassification Act
- H.R. 5106 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 100 Admiral Callaghan Lane in Vallejo, California, as the “Philmore Graham Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 3004 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 260 California Drive in Yountville, California, as the “Private First Class Alejandro R. Ruiz Post ...
- H.R. 6387 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 337 West Clark Street in Eureka, California, as the “Sam Sacco Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 6237 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1351 2nd Street in Napa, California, as the “Tom Kongsgaard Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 2429 (110th): To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide an exception to the 60-day limit on Medicare reciprocal billing arrangements between two physicians during the ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Thompson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (27%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (18%) Health (13%) Crime and Law Enforcement (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Government Operations and Politics (7%) Commerce (7%) Education (7%)
Some of Thompson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3249: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the publicly traded ...
- H.R. 3188: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the limitation on ...
- H.R. 3037: Career Advancement through New Skills Act
- H.R. 2936: Small Business Disaster Relief Act of 2019
- H.Res. 371: Recognizing the 10th anniversary of Outdoor Afro.
- H.R. 2508: Better Respiration through Expanding Access to Tele-Health Act
- H.R. 2371: HEARTS Act of 2019
From Jan 1999 to Jun 2019, Thompson missed 195 of 13,843 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: