Our unique analysis of the bills Walters has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Walters is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Walters for more statistics.
Mimi Walters sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Judiciary
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Walters sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Crime and Law Enforcement (100%)
Some of Walters’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5578: Survivors’ Bill of Rights Act of 2016
- H.R. 4003: Regulatory Reporting Act of 2015
- H.R. 3636: Oversee Visa Integrity with Stakeholder Advisories Act
- H.R. 3529: To require the Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration to study ...
- H.R. 2689: To clarify the scope of eligible water resources projects under the Water Resources ...
- H.R. 2207: FSA Act
- H.R. 1109: Social Security Lump-Sum Death Benefit Improvement and Modernization Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Walters’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Walters missed 59 of 1,277 roll call votes, which is 4.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: