Romney is the junior senator from Utah and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2019. Romney is next up for reelection in 2024.
Mitt Romney sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Chair, Subcommittee on Near East, South Asia, Central Asia, and Counterterrorism
- Member, Subcommittee on Europe and Regional Security Cooperation
- Member, Subcommittee on Multilateral International Development, Multilateral Institutions, and International Economic, Energy, and Environmental Policy
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Some of Romney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2117: A bill to limit the authority of the Secretary of Commerce to remove ...
- S. 1806: Permanent E-Verify Act
- S. 1579: Budgeting for Disasters Act
- S. 1384: Prescription Drug Rebate Reform Act of 2019
- S. 1207: Navajo Utah Water Rights Settlement Act of 2019
From Jan 2019 to Jul 2019, Romney missed 0 of 218 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: