Romney is the junior senator from Utah and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2019. Romney is next up for reelection in 2024 and serves until Jan 3, 2025.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Romney.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Mitt Romney sits on the following committees:
Romney was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Romney sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Romney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1984: A bill to require the Secretary of Transportation to establish a grant program ...
- S. 1606: Shawnee Wilderness Designation Act
- S.Res. 186: A resolution honoring the humanitarian work of Dr. Aristides de Sousa Mendes do ...
- S. 1295: TRUST Act of 2021
- S. 1222: Bonneville Shoreline Trail Advancement Act
- S. 1110: MATCH Act of 2021
- S.Res. 89: A resolution honoring the humanitarian work of Dr. Aristides de Sousa Mendes do ...
From Jan 2019 to Jun 2021, Romney missed 7 of 960 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: