Romney is the junior senator from Utah and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2019. Romney is next up for reelection in 2024.
Read our 2019 Report Card for Romney.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Mitt Romney sits on the following committees:
Romney sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Romney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3556: COVID-19 Graduate Relief Act
- S. 3214: MATCH Act of 2020
- S.Res. 475: A resolution recognizing the leading role of Utahns in the fight for women’s ...
- S. 3075: Shawnee Wilderness Designation Act
- S. 2733: TRUST Act
- S. 2547: Indo-Pacific Cooperation Act of 2019
- S. 2519: ENND Act
From Jan 2019 to May 2020, Romney missed 5 of 530 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: