Our unique analysis of the bills Brooks has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Brooks is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Brooks for more statistics.
Mo Brooks sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
Brooks sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Immigration (21%) International Affairs (21%) Economics and Public Finance (21%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Science, Technology, Communications (11%)
Some of Brooks’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4598: American Jobs First Act of 2016
- H.R. 4597: ICE Agent Support Act of 2016
- H.R. 3835: Protecting America’s Solvency Act of 2015
- H.Res. 406: Recognizing the progress made and challenges still faced by people living with albinism ...
- H.R. 3151: Arrest Statistics Reporting Act of 2015
- H.R. 3039: PROTECT US Act
- H.R. 1535: SACO Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Brooks missed 35 of 4,071 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: