Read our 2018 Report Card for Griffith.
Griffith is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Griffith has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 14, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Morgan Griffith sits on the following committees:
Griffith was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 446: To extend the deadline for commencement of construction of a hydroelectric project.
- H.R. 447: To extend the deadline for commencement of construction of a hydroelectric project.
- H.R. 5801: Medicaid Providers Are Required To Note Experiences in Record Systems to Help In-need Patients Act
- H.R. 5812: Creating Opportunities that Necessitate New and Enhanced Connections That Improve Opioid Navigation Strategies Act of 2018
- H.R. 2880: Promoting Closed-Loop Pumped Storage Hydropower Act
- H.R. 3089 (113th): Compounding Clarity Act of 2013
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Griffith sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Griffith’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1959: Preserving Patient Access to Compounded Medications Act of 2019
- H.R. 814: To provide a bonus to any Federal employee excepted from furlough during the ...
- H.R. 767: To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 180 West ...
- H.R. 604: To direct the United States Postal Service to designate a single, unique ZIP ...
- H.R. 460: To amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to amend the Federal ...
- H.R. 461: To amend the Public Health Service Act to ensure appropriate care by certain ...
- H.R. 58: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow the child tax ...
From Jan 2011 to Jun 2019, Griffith missed 82 of 5,700 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: