Murphy is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1980 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Murphy sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 14, 1975 to Dec 13, 1980. See full analysis methodology.
Murphy sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Murphy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 810 (96th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the concurrent resolution (H. Con. ...
- H.Res. 788 (96th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the bill H.R. 5615 to ...
- H.Res. 771 (96th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the bill H.R. 7668 to ...
- H.Res. 749 (96th): A resolution providing for the consideration of H.R. 3486, to limit governmental ...
- H.Res. 686 (96th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the bill H.R. 7152 to ...
- H.Res. 389 (96th): A resolution waiving certain points of order against H.R. 4930, a bill ...
- H.Res. 379 (96th): A resolution providing for the consideration of H.R. 3000, a bill to ...
From Jan 1971 to Dec 1980, Murphy missed 958 of 5,813 roll call votes, which is 16.5%. This is much worse than the median of 8.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills