Rep. Nancy Boyda
Former Representative for Kansas’s 2nd District
Boyda was the representative for Kansas’s 2nd congressional district and was a Democrat. She served from 2007 to 2008.
Boyda is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Boyda sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 7, 2003 to Dec 10, 2008. See full analysis methodology.
Boyda was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4120 (110th): Effective Child Pornography Prosecution Act of 2007
- H.R. 6447 (110th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to restore the Highway Trust Fund balance.
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Boyda sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Boyda recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 7257 (110th): 5-Star Generals Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 7036 (110th): Elder Care Tax Credit Act of 2008
- H.R. 6447 (110th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to restore the Highway …
- H.R. 6113 (110th): Paperwork Assistance Act
- H.Res. 1072 (110th): Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to require that Members …
- H.Res. 948 (110th): Congratulating the University of Kansas (”KU”) football team for winning the 2008 …
- H.R. 4209 (110th): To authorize the voluntary purchase of certain properties in Treece, Kansas endangered …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2008, Boyda missed 34 of 1,876 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills