Our unique analysis of the bills Boyda sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Boyda is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Boyda sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Boyda’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7257 (110th): 5-Star Generals Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 7036 (110th): Elder Care Tax Credit Act of 2008
- H.R. 6447 (110th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to restore the Highway ...
- H.R. 6113 (110th): Paperwork Assistance Act
- H.Res. 1072 (110th): Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to require that Members ...
- H.Res. 948 (110th): Congratulating the University of Kansas (”KU”) football team for winning the 2008 ...
- H.R. 4209 (110th): To authorize the voluntary purchase of certain properties in Treece, Kansas endangered ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2008, Boyda missed 34 of 1,876 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills