Boyda, a Democrat, was the representative for Kansas’s 2nd congressional district from 2007 to 2008.
Boyda is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Boyda sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Boyda was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Boyda sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (17%) Law (14%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Social Welfare (14%) Crime and Law Enforcement (11%) Families (11%) Taxation (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%)
Some of Boyda’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7257 (110th): 5-Star Generals Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 7036 (110th): Elder Care Tax Credit Act of 2008
- H.R. 6447 (110th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to restore the Highway ...
- H.R. 6113 (110th): Paperwork Assistance Act
- H.Res. 1072 (110th): Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to require that Members ...
- H.Res. 948 (110th): Congratulating the University of Kansas (”KU”) football team for winning the 2008 ...
- H.R. 4209 (110th): To authorize the voluntary purchase of certain properties in Treece, Kansas endangered ...
|Boyda’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 1525 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the bill (H.R. 1424) to amend section 712 of ...
Oct 3, 2008. Passed 223/205.
H.R. 6707 (110th): Taking Responsible Action for Community Safety Act
Sep 27, 2008. Failed 243/175.
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2008, Boyda missed 34 of 1,876 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills