Our unique analysis of the bills Boyda sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Boyda is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Boyda was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4120 (110th): Effective Child Pornography Prosecution Act of 2007
- H.R. 6447 (110th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to restore the Highway Trust Fund balance.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Boyda sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (17%) Social Welfare (14%) Law (14%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Families (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (11%) Taxation (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%)
Some of Boyda’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7257 (110th): 5-Star Generals Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 7036 (110th): Elder Care Tax Credit Act of 2008
- H.R. 6447 (110th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to restore the Highway ...
- H.R. 6113 (110th): Paperwork Assistance Act
- H.Res. 1072 (110th): Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to require that Members ...
- H.Res. 948 (110th): Congratulating the University of Kansas (”KU”) football team for winning the 2008 ...
- H.R. 4209 (110th): To authorize the voluntary purchase of certain properties in Treece, Kansas endangered ...
|Boyda’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 1525 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the bill (H.R. 1424) to amend section 712 of ...
Oct 3, 2008. Passed 223/205.
H.R. 6707 (110th): Taking Responsible Action for Community Safety Act
Sep 27, 2008. Failed 243/175.
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2008, Boyda missed 34 of 1,876 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congress-Legislators, a community project collecting election information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills