Read our 2016 Report Card for Pelosi.
Pelosi was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.J.Res. 43 (112th): Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2011.
- H.R. 3119 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 867 Stockton Street in San Francisco, California, as the “Lim Poon Lee Post Office”.
- H.R. 3221 (110th): Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008
- H.R. 5140 (110th): Economic Stimulus Act of 2008
- H.R. 1953 (109th): San Francisco Old Mint Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 2457 (103rd): Winter Run Chinook Salmon Captive Broodstock Act of 1993
- H.R. 5923 (102nd): For the relief of Anna C. Massari.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Pelosi sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Private Legislation (100%)
Some of Pelosi’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 780: For the relief of Maria Carmen Castro Ramirez and J. Refugio Carreno Rojas.
- H.R. 4290 (114th): Puerto Rico Emergency Financial Stability Act of 2015
- H.Res. 355 (114th): Raising a question of the privileges of the House.
- H.R. 396 (114th): For the relief of Maria Carmen Castro Ramirez and J. Refugio Carreno ...
- H.R. 2760 (113th): Panama Canal and Pan-Pacific Exhibition Centennial Celebration Act
- H.R. 1023 (113th): For the relief of Maria Carmen Castro Ramirez and J. Refugio Carreno ...
- H.R. 6604 (112th): To designate the federal building currently known as Federal Office Building 8, ...
|Pelosi’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1695: Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017
Apr 26, 2017. Passed 378/48.
This bill would change the appointment process for the head of the U.S. Copyright Office, known as the Register of Copyrights. Currently the Register of Copyrights is hired by the Librarian of Congress (who is the head of the Library of Congress). This bill would ...
S. 612: A bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria Street in Laredo, Texas, as the “George P. Kazen Federal Building ...
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 360/61.
H.R. 308: Keep the Promise Act of 2015
Nov 16, 2015. Failed 263/146.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
S. 25 (113th): South Utah Valley Electric Conveyance Act
Feb 11, 2014. Passed 326/90.
This is a budget bill that makes small changes to the budget deal enacted previously. Although the bill began as the "South Utah Valley Electric Conveyance Act" and had passed the Senate in that form, the House replaced the text of the bill in whole ...
H.R. 4310 (112th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013
Dec 20, 2012. Passed 315/107.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jun 1987 to May 2017, Pelosi missed 946 of 15,601 roll call votes, which is 6.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 3 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO Member Guide for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills