Read our 2020 Report Card for Barragán.
Barragán is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Barragán has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jul 30, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Nanette Barragán sits on the following committees:
Barragán sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (34%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (11%) Energy (11%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Environmental Protection (7%) Immigration (7%) Education (5%)
Some of Barragán’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 533: Recognizing the importance of public parks and recreation facilities and activities and expressing ...
- H.R. 4439: Medicaid Dental Benefit Act
- H.R. 4440: Medium- and Heavy-Duty Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Act of 2021
- H.R. 4217: TRIUMPH for New Moms Act of 2021
- H.R. 3013: COVID Vaccine Transportation Access Act
- H.R. 2831: Prompt Approval of Safe Generic Drugs Act
- H.R. 2442: Climate Justice Grants Act
From Jan 2017 to Jul 2021, Barragán missed 53 of 2,418 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: