Read our 2018 Report Card for Barragán.
Barragán is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Barragán has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 11, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Nanette Barragán sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- House Committee on Homeland Security
Barragán sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (24%) Government Operations and Politics (19%) Transportation and Public Works (14%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (14%) Housing and Community Development (10%) Immigration (10%) Energy (10%)
Some of Barragán’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5134: To amend title 39, United States Code, to provide that care packages mailed ...
- H.R. 5135: Housing Homeless Veterans Act of 2019
- H.R. 4512: Outdoors for All Act
- H.R. 4499: NIMHD Research Endowment Revitalization Act of 2019
- H.R. 2951: Medicare Dental Benefit Act of 2019
- H.R. 2539: Strengthening Local Transportation Security Capabilities Act of 2019
- H.R. 1506: FAIR Generics Act
From Jan 2017 to Dec 2019, Barragán missed 41 of 1,892 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: