Read our 2020 Report Card for Barragán.
Barragán is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Barragán has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Apr 8, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Nanette Barragán sits on the following committees:
Barragán sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (31%) Government Operations and Politics (20%) Energy (14%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Education (6%) Environmental Protection (6%) Housing and Community Development (6%)
Some of Barragán’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2382: To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to recognize the service of veterans ...
- H.R. 2293: To establish procedures related to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in correctional facilities.
- H.R. 2122: To designate the Battleship IOWA Museum, located in Los Angeles, California, as the ...
- H.R. 1870: To require the Secretary of Homeland Security to prioritize strengthening of local transportation ...
- H.R. 1792: To amend title XXI of the Social Security Act to prohibit lifetime or ...
- H.R. 1791: To amend title XXI of the Social Security Act to permanently extend the ...
- H.R. 1678: To direct the Secretary of the Interior to establish a Parks, Jobs, and ...
From Jan 2017 to Mar 2021, Barragán missed 50 of 2,261 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: