Our unique analysis of the bills Deal sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Deal is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Deal was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6847 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 801 Industrial Boulevard in Ellijay, Georgia, as the “First Lieutenant Noah Harris Ellijay Post Office ...
- H.R. 3936 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 116 Helen Highway in Cleveland, Georgia, as the “Sgt. Jason Harkins Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 3532 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 5815 McLeod Street in Lula, Georgia, as the “Private Johnathon Millican Lula Post Office”.
- H.R. 5574 (109th): Children’s Hospital GME Support Reauthorization Act of 2006
- H.R. 3971 (109th): QI, TMA, and Abstinence Programs Extension and Hurricane Katrina Unemployment Relief Act of 2005
- H.R. 2389 (106th): Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act of 2000
- H.R. 2140 (106th): To improve protection and management of the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area in the State of Georgia.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Deal sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (24%) Government Operations and Politics (24%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Social Welfare (11%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Water Resources Development (7%) Families (7%) Labor and Employment (7%)
Some of Deal’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4336 (111th): Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2009
- H.R. 4019 (111th): To amend the Public Health Service Act to limit preexisting condition exclusions ...
- H.R. 4018 (111th): Additional health insurance options for unemployed Americans Act of 2009
- H.R. 3823 (111th): Medicaid and SCHIP Beneficiary Choice Improvement Act of 2009
- H.R. 3821 (111th): Improved Employee Access to Health Insurance Act of 2009
- H.R. 3822 (111th): To permit employers to provide contributions and assistance to certain employees who ...
- H.R. 3824 (111th): Expanded Health Insurance Options Act of 2009
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Mar 2010, Deal missed 676 of 11,329 roll call votes, which is 6.0%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Mar 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: