Dunn is the representative for Florida’s 2nd congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2017. Dunn is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Dunn.
Dunn is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Dunn has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Apr 8, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Neal Dunn sits on the following committees:
Dunn was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 425 (116th): Supporting Veterans in STEM Careers Act
- H.R. 5787 (115th): Strengthening Coastal Communities Act of 2018
- H.R. 3832 (115th): Veterans Opioid Abuse Prevention Act
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Dunn sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Dunn’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1050: Connecting Communities Post Disasters Act of 2021
- H.R. 8701 (116th): FEMA Loan Interest Payment Relief Act
- H.R. 8443 (116th): Cottage Homes to Improve Lives for Dependents (CHILD) Act
- H.R. 6092 (116th): Veteran’s Prostate Cancer Treatment and Research Act
- H.R. 6093 (116th): To amend title 38, United States Code, to extend the authority of ...
- H.R. 5059 (116th): To amend the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act ...
- H.R. 4604 (116th): Small Financial Institution Certainty Act
From Jan 2017 to Mar 2021, Dunn missed 106 of 2,261 roll call votes, which is 4.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: