Our unique analysis of the bills Lampson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lampson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Lampson was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Lampson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (18%) Crime and Law Enforcement (13%) Families (13%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (11%) Science, Technology, Communications (11%) Taxation (11%) Energy (10%)
Some of Lampson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1518 (110th): Honoring the Wings Over Houston Airshow for advancing the appreciation and understanding ...
- H.R. 6593 (110th): Domestic Drilling Act
- H.R. 6578 (110th): Consumer Energy Supply Act of 2008
- H.Res. 1313 (110th): Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the first American woman in space, Dr. ...
- H.Res. 1250 (110th): Honoring the Texas Air National Guard 147th Fighter Wing at Ellington Field ...
- H.R. 6096 (110th): International Child Abduction Progress Reports Act
- H.R. 6095 (110th): International and Parental Child Abduction Remedies Assistance Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2008, Lampson missed 325 of 6,494 roll call votes, which is 5.0%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 8 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: