Lampson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lampson sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Lampson was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lampson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (18%) Crime and Law Enforcement (13%) Families (13%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (11%) Science, Technology, Communications (11%) Taxation (11%) Energy (10%)
Some of Lampson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1518 (110th): Honoring the Wings Over Houston Airshow for advancing the appreciation and understanding ...
- H.R. 6593 (110th): Domestic Drilling Act
- H.R. 6578 (110th): Consumer Energy Supply Act of 2008
- H.Res. 1313 (110th): Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the first American woman in space, Dr. ...
- H.Res. 1250 (110th): Honoring the Texas Air National Guard 147th Fighter Wing at Ellington Field ...
- H.R. 6096 (110th): International Child Abduction Progress Reports Act
- H.R. 6095 (110th): International and Parental Child Abduction Remedies Assistance Act
|Lampson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 1525 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the bill (H.R. 1424) to amend section 712 of ...
Oct 3, 2008. Passed 223/205.
H.R. 6604 (110th): Commodity Markets Transparency and Accountability Act of 2008
Jul 30, 2008. Failed 276/151.
H.R. 6515 (110th): Drill Responsibly in Leased Lands Act of 2008
Jul 17, 2008. Failed 244/173.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2008, Lampson missed 325 of 6,494 roll call votes, which is 5.0%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: