Williams is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Williams has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to May 24, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Nikema Williams sits on the following committees:
Williams sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Williams recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.Con.Res. 89: Expressing opposition to the criminalization of essential health care, including the full range …
- H.R. 7529: Plain Prescription Prices Act
- H.R. 7147: Cost of War Act of 2022
- H.Res. 936: Expressing support for the designation of February 16, 2022, as “International Black Aviation …
- H.R. 6801: Negating Neighborhood Noise Act
- H.R. 6599: PRIDE Act of 2022
- H.R. 6466: Student Loan Rehabilitation and Credit Score Improvement Act of 2022
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2021 to May 2022, Williams missed 1 of 681 roll call votes, which is 0.1%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: