Our unique analysis of the bills Tsongas has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Tsongas is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Tsongas for more statistics.
Niki Tsongas sits on the following committees:
Tsongas sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (33%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (19%) Labor and Employment (10%) Social Welfare (10%) Taxation (10%) Environmental Protection (10%) Government Operations and Politics (10%)
Some of Tsongas’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5371: Lowell National Historical Park Creative Partnerships Act
- H.R. 4935: Stepping up for American Workers and Troops Act
- H.R. 3916: No Taxpayer Money for Corporate Campaigns Act of 2015
- H.R. 3707: Groundwork USA Trust Act of 2015
- H.R. 2885: Senior and Retired Volunteers Act of 2015
- H.R. 632: U.S. Air Forces Escape and Evasion Society Recognition Act of 2015
- H.R. 4693 (113th): U.S. Air Forces Escape and Evasion Society Recognition Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Oct 2007 to Jul 2016, Tsongas missed 239 of 6,541 roll call votes, which is 3.7%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 84 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: