Our unique analysis of the bills Coleman sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Coleman is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Coleman sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (20%) Health (14%) Science, Technology, Communications (14%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Social Welfare (11%) Law (11%) Commerce (9%) International Affairs (9%)
Some of Coleman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3559 (110th): Continuing Coverage Act of 2008
- S. 3460 (110th): State Cyber Security Protection Act of 2008
- S. 3450 (110th): A bill to provide for the rescission of funds made available for ...
- S. 3377 (110th): Small Marine Business and Fishing Guide Relief Act of 2008
- S. 3126 (110th): Energy Resource Development Act of 2008
- S.Res. 552 (110th): A resolution recognizing the 150th anniversary of the State of Minnesota.
- S.Con.Res. 75 (110th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress that the Secretary of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2008, Coleman missed 53 of 1,977 roll call votes, which is 2.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: