Read our 2018 Report Card for Torres.
Torres is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Torres has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Norma Torres sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Rules
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Torres sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (21%) Native Americans (16%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Housing and Community Development (12%) Transportation and Public Works (12%) Commerce (9%) Immigration (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%)
Some of Torres’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 558: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 1423) to amend title 9 of ...
- H.R. 4324: Multiple Firearm Sales Reporting Modernization Act of 2019
- H.Res. 535: Recognizing August 6, National Night Out, the national coming together of Americans all ...
- H.Res. 509: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 397) to amend the Internal Revenue ...
- H.R. 3692: Strengthening American Communities Act of 2019
- H.R. 3328: Citizenship Affordability Act
- H.R. 3329: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 5186 ...
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2019, Torres missed 52 of 3,075 roll call votes, which is 1.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: