Rep. Norvell “Bill” Emerson
Former Representative from Missouri's 8th District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Missouri's 8th District
Missouri's 10th District
See Also: Bioguide
Emerson was a moderate Republican leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Emerson’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Emerson’s bills had a total of 548 cosponsors in the 104th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Emerson to other members of the House of Representatives in the 104th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Emerson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2493 (104th): Food for Peace Reauthorization Act of 1995
- H.R. 2330 (104th): Agricultural Competitiveness Act of 1995
- H.R. 2210 (104th): Superfund Recycling Act of 1995
- H.R. 2130 (104th): Farmer Mac Reform Act of 1995
- H.R. 2063 (104th): Sentencing Amendment Disapproval Act of 1995
- H.R. 1997 (104th): Food Stamp Flexibility and Commodity Distribution Consolidation Act of 1995
- H.R. 1856 (104th): Natural Disaster Protection Partnership Act of 1995
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Jun 1996, Emerson missed 190 of 7,645 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is better than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jun 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills