Hansen was the representative for Idaho’s 2nd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1969 to 1974.
Hansen is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hansen sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Hansen sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hansen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 15983 (93rd): A bill to authorize the establishment of the city of Rocks National ...
- H.R. 15754 (93rd): A bill to amend title 38 of the United States Code in ...
- H.R. 15699 (93rd): Foreign Dairy Quality Act
- H.R. 15631 (93rd): A bill to amend the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended, ...
- H.R. 15512 (93rd): A bill to provide for protection of franchised dealers in petroleum products.
- H.R. 15373 (93rd): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to increase ...
- H.R. 15295 (93rd): A bill to amend the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act to ...
From Jan 1969 to Dec 1974, Hansen missed 393 of 2,170 roll call votes, which is 18.1%. This is much worse than the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills