Our unique analysis of the bills Hansen sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hansen is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hansen sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hansen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 15983 (93rd): A bill to authorize the establishment of the city of Rocks National ...
- H.R. 15754 (93rd): A bill to amend title 38 of the United States Code in ...
- H.R. 15699 (93rd): Foreign Dairy Quality Act
- H.R. 15631 (93rd): A bill to amend the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended, ...
- H.R. 15512 (93rd): A bill to provide for protection of franchised dealers in petroleum products.
- H.R. 15373 (93rd): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to increase ...
- H.R. 15295 (93rd): A bill to amend the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act to ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1969 to Dec 1974, Hansen missed 393 of 2,170 roll call votes, which is 18.1%. This is much worse than the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills