Our unique analysis of the bills Otter sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Otter is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Otter sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (20%) Law (18%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (18%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Water Resources Development (9%) Economics and Public Finance (9%) Environmental Protection (9%) Agriculture and Food (8%)
Some of Otter’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4970 (109th): Backcountry Landing Strip Access Act
- H.R. 4377 (109th): To extend the time required for construction of a hydroelectric project, and ...
- H.R. 4001 (109th): To temporarily waive the restriction on highway use in applying the tax ...
- H.R. 2718 (109th): Idaho Land Enhancement Act
- H.R. 2563 (109th): To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to conduct feasibility studies to ...
- H.R. 2003 (109th): To amend the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to remove ...
- H.R. 1852 (109th): To direct the Secretary of the Interior to extend certain water contracts ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2001 to Dec 2006, Otter missed 58 of 3,431 roll call votes, which is 1.7%. This is better than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: