Our unique analysis of the bills Griffith sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Griffith is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Griffith sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Griffith’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6438 (111th): To provide for the adjustment of status for certain long-term conditional residents.
- H.Res. 1313 (111th): Expressing support for designation of May as “Child Advocacy Center Month” and ...
- H.R. 5005 (111th): To repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- H.Res. 1188 (111th): Ensuring an up or down vote on certain health care legislation.
- H.R. 3743 (111th): Small Business Disaster Readiness and Reform Act of 2009
- H.R. 3558 (111th): Small Business Fair Competition Act
- H.Res. 642 (111th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives with respect to legislation ...
|Griffith’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 4154 (111th): Permanent Estate Tax Relief for Families, Farmers, and Small Businesses Act of 2009
Dec 3, 2009. Passed 225/200.
H.R. 2918 (111th): Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2010
Sep 25, 2009. Passed 217/190.
H.Res. 772 (111th): Providing for consideration of the conference report to accompany the bill (H.R. 2918) making appropriations for the ...
Sep 25, 2009. Passed 209/189.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2010, Griffith missed 150 of 1,655 roll call votes, which is 9.1%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 8 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: