Rep. Parren Mitchell
Former Representative from Maryland's 7th District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Maryland's 7th District
See Also: Bioguide
Mitchell was a far-left Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Mitchell’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Mitchell’s bills had a total of 288 cosponsors in the 99th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Mitchell to other members of the House of Representatives in the 99th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Mitchell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5677 (99th): A bill to extend through fiscal year 1988 SBA Pilot Programs under ...
- H.J.Res. 696 (99th): A joint resolution to designate the week beginning November 9, 1986, as ...
- H.R. 5296 (99th): A bill for the relief of Egya Quaison-Sackey.
- H.R. 5019 (99th): Corporation for Small Business Investment Charter Act
- H.R. 4679 (99th): Community Development Block Grant Improvement Act of 1986
- H.R. 4632 (99th): A bill to clarify and expand the functions of the Associate Administrator ...
- H.R. 4112 (99th): A bill to provide for equity in the establishment of patent fees.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1971 to Oct 1986, Mitchell missed 799 of 8,250 roll call votes, which is 9.7%. This is worse than the median of 5.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills