Our unique analysis of the bills McHenry has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). McHenry is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for McHenry for more statistics.
Patrick McHenry sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
McHenry sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of McHenry’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6118: To promote innovation in financial services, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 5724: Protecting Consumers’ Access to Credit Act of 2016
- H.R. 5725: IRS Data Verification Modernization Act of 2016
- H.R. 4854: Supporting America’s Innovators Act of 2016
- H.R. 4855: Fix Crowdfunding Act
- H.R. 4715: RPM Act of 2016
- H.R. 2949: Treatment of Certain Payments in Eugenics Compensation Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Sep 2016, McHenry missed 251 of 8,814 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 11 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: