Read our 2018 Report Card for McHenry.
McHenry is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills McHenry has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Patrick McHenry sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, House Committee on Financial Services
McHenry was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1839 (114th): Reforming Access for Investments in Startup Enterprises Act of 2015 or the RAISE Act of 2015
- H.R. 2949 (114th): Treatment of Certain Payments in Eugenics Compensation Act
- H.R. 5585 (109th): Financial Netting Improvements Act of 2006
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
McHenry sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of McHenry’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1202: Blue Ridge National Heritage Area Reauthorization Act of 2019
- H.R. 6380: Crowdfunding Amendments Act
- H.Con.Res. 107: Authorizing Reverend Billy Graham to lie in honor in the rotunda of the ...
- H.R. 4028: PROTECT Act of 2017
- H.R. 3860: IRS Data Verification Modernization Act of 2017
- H.R. 3299: Protecting Consumers’ Access to Credit Act of 2017
- H.R. 3090: No Free Rides Act
From Jan 2005 to Jun 2019, McHenry missed 286 of 10,457 roll call votes, which is 2.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: