Our unique analysis of the bills Murphy sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Murphy is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Murphy sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Murphy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6520 (111th): Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act of 2010
- H.R. 5966 (111th): Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2010
- H.R. 4980 (111th): Kick OPIC Act of 2010
- H.R. 4796 (111th): Medicare Secondary Payer Enhancement Act of 2010
- H.R. 4683 (111th): Scrap the MAP Act
- H.R. 4622 (111th): Secure Borders Act of 2010
- H.R. 4546 (111th): Truth in Tuition Act of 2010
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2010, Murphy missed 128 of 3,531 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: