Our unique analysis of the bills Murphy has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Murphy is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Murphy for more statistics.
Patrick Murphy sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Monetary Policy and Trade
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense Intelligence and Overhead Architecture
- Member, Subcommittee on National Security Agency and Cybersecurity
Murphy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (24%) Government Operations and Politics (22%) Social Welfare (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Environmental Protection (11%) Health (11%) Education (5%) Crime and Law Enforcement (5%)
Some of Murphy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6027: Puerto Rico Health Insurance Fairness Act of 2016
- H.R. 5870: Federal Partnership for Clean Water Land Acquisition Act of 2016
- H.R. 5492: SMASH Act
- H.R. 5463: SMASH Act
- H.R. 5366: Alzheimer’s Breakthrough Sunshine Act
- H.R. 5254: Senior Accessible Housing Act
- H.R. 4988: Protection of Social Security Benefits Restoration Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2016, Murphy missed 63 of 2,481 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: