Our unique analysis of the bills Murphy has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Murphy is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Murphy for more statistics.
Patrick Murphy sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Monetary Policy and Trade
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense Intelligence and Overhead Architecture
- Member, Subcommittee on National Security Agency and Cybersecurity
Murphy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (24%) Government Operations and Politics (22%) Social Welfare (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Environmental Protection (11%) Health (11%) Education (5%) Crime and Law Enforcement (5%)
Some of Murphy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6027: Puerto Rico Health Insurance Fairness Act of 2016
- H.R. 5870: Federal Partnership for Clean Water Land Acquisition Act of 2016
- H.R. 5492: SMASH Act
- H.R. 5463: SMASH Act
- H.R. 5366: Alzheimer’s Breakthrough Sunshine Act
- H.R. 5254: Senior Accessible Housing Act
- H.R. 4988: Protection of Social Security Benefits Restoration Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Murphy’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 622: State and Local Sales Tax Deduction Fairness Act of 2015
Apr 16, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 636: America’s Small Business Tax Relief Act of 2015
Feb 13, 2015. Passed.
From Jan 2013 to Dec 2016, Murphy missed 64 of 2,529 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: