Murphy was the representative for Florida’s 18th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2013 to 2016.
Read our 2016 Report Card for Murphy.
Murphy is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Murphy sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 2011 to Dec 30, 2016. See full analysis methodology.
Murphy sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Murphy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6027 (114th): Puerto Rico Health Insurance Fairness Act of 2016
- H.R. 5870 (114th): Federal Partnership for Clean Water Land Acquisition Act of 2016
- H.R. 5492 (114th): SMASH Act
- H.R. 5463 (114th): SMASH Act
- H.R. 5366 (114th): Alzheimer’s Breakthrough Sunshine Act
- H.R. 5254 (114th): Senior Accessible Housing Act
- H.R. 4988 (114th): Protection of Social Security Benefits Restoration Act
From Jan 2013 to Dec 2016, Murphy missed 64 of 2,529 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: