Ryan is the representative for New York’s 18th congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. He has served since Jan 3, 2023. Ryan is next up for reelection in 2024 and serves until Jan 3, 2025. He is 41 years old.
He was previously the representative for New York’s 19th congressional district as a Democrat from 2022 to 2022.
Read our 2022 Report Card for Ryan.
Ryan is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Ryan has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2019 to Mar 24, 2023. See full analysis methodology.
Patrick Ryan sits on the following committees:
Ryan recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 1045: To amend title 10, United States Code, to improve dependent coverage under the …
- H.R. 8976 (117th): Protecting Reproductive Freedom Act
- H.R. 8875 (117th): Expanding Home Loans for Guard and Reservists Act
View All » | View Cosponsors »
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Sep 2022 to Mar 2023, Ryan missed 0 of 293 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills