Read our 2016 Report Card for Tiberi.
Our unique analysis of the bills Tiberi has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Tiberi is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Patrick “Pat” Tiberi sits on the following committees:
Tiberi was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 960 (114th): To designate the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in Newark, Ohio, as the Daniel L. Kinnard Va Clinic.
- H.R. 636 (114th): FAA Extension, Safety, and Security Act of 2016
- H.R. 1907 (114th): Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015
- H.R. 2203 (113th): To provide for the award of a gold medal on behalf of Congress to Jack Nicklaus, in recognition of his service to the Nation in promoting excellence, ...
- H.R. 4919 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 715 Shawan Falls Drive in Dublin, Ohio, as the “Lance Corporal Wesley G. Davids and ...
- H.R. 4840 (111th): An act to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1981 Cleveland Avenue in Columbus, Ohio, as the “Clarence D. Lumpkin Post Office”.
- H.R. 6326 (109th): To clarify the provision of nutrition services to older Americans.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Tiberi sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Tiberi’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3515: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for expensing of ...
- H.R. 3168: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide continued access ...
- H.R. 3163: Medicare Part B Home Infusion Services Temporary Transitional Payment Act
- H.R. 2821: REACH Act
- H.R. 2579: Broader Options for Americans Act
- H.R. 2181: Insurance Company Tax Modernization and Parity Act of 2017
- H.R. 1962: Retirement Security Preservation Act of 2017
|Tiberi’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 308: Keep the Promise Act of 2015
Nov 16, 2015. Failed 263/146.
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 28, 2015. Passed 266/167.
This vote turned this bill into the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015, by replacing the text of the bill in whole. H.R. 1314 was previously the Trade Act of 2015.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 915 (111th): Encouraging the Republic of Hungary to respect the rule of law, treat foreign investors fairly, and promote ...
Dec 8, 2009. Passed 333/74.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
From Jan 2001 to Jul 2017, Tiberi missed 333 of 11,532 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: