Our unique analysis of the bills Toomey has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Toomey is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Toomey for more statistics.
Patrick “Pat” Toomey sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Toomey sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (37%) Crime and Law Enforcement (16%) Finance and Financial Sector (14%) Taxation (10%) Economics and Public Finance (8%) International Affairs (5%) Government Operations and Politics (5%) Health (5%)
Some of Toomey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 605: A resolution honoring Arnold Palmer.
- S. 3303: Social Security Fairness for Firefighters and Police Officers Act
- S. 3255: Blocking Deadly Fentanyl Imports Act
- S. 3151: CAREER Act
- S. 3100: Stop Dangerous Sanctuary Cities Act
- S. 3069: A bill to prevent terrorists from obtaining firearms or explosives.
- S.Res. 499: A resolution congratulating the Pittsburgh Penguins for winning the 2016 Stanley Cup hockey ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Toomey missed 71 of 1,633 roll call votes, which is 4.3%. This is much worse than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: