2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Toomey »
Our unique analysis of the bills Toomey has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Toomey is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Patrick “Pat” Toomey sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Toomey sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (33%) Crime and Law Enforcement (15%) Finance and Financial Sector (14%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Taxation (10%) Health (6%) Government Operations and Politics (5%) Environmental Protection (5%)
Some of Toomey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2919: State Outreach for Local Veterans Employment Act of 2016
- S. 2694: Lifesaving Gear for Police Act
- S. 2625: Protecting Our Servicemembers’ Children from Sexual and Violent Predators Act
- S.Con.Res. 32: A concurrent resolution recognizing the soldiers of the 14th Quartermaster Detachment of the ...
- S. 2534: A bill to amend the National Child Protection Act of 1993 to establish ...
- S. 2108: A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide ...
- S. 2086: Justice for Victims of Iranian Terrorism Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to May 2016, Toomey missed 66 of 1,564 roll call votes, which is 4.2%. This is much worse than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: