2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Toomey »
Our unique analysis of the bills Toomey has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Toomey is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Patrick “Pat” Toomey sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Toomey sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (35%) Crime and Law Enforcement (16%) Finance and Financial Sector (13%) Taxation (10%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) Health (6%) Government Operations and Politics (5%) Environmental Protection (5%)
Some of Toomey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3069: A bill to prevent terrorists from obtaining firearms or explosives.
- S.Res. 499: A resolution congratulating the Pittsburgh Penguins for winning the 2016 Stanley Cup hockey ...
- S. 3002: Vietnam War Veterans Recognition Act
- S. 2919: State Outreach for Local Veterans Employment Act of 2016
- S. 2694: Lifesaving Gear for Police Act
- S. 2625: Protecting Our Servicemembers’ Children from Sexual and Violent Predators Act
- S.Con.Res. 32: A concurrent resolution recognizing the soldiers of the 14th Quartermaster Detachment of the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jun 2016, Toomey missed 70 of 1,592 roll call votes, which is 4.4%. This is much worse than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: