Sen. Patrick “Pat” Toomey
Senator from Pennsylvania
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||Pennsylvania's 15th District|
2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Toomey »
Our unique analysis of the bills Toomey has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Toomey is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Patrick “Pat” Toomey sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Some of Toomey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 577: A bill to amend the Clean Air Act to eliminate the corn ethanol ...
- S. 576: A bill to increase the threshold for disclosures required by the Securities and ...
- S. 474: Protecting Students from Sexual and Violent Predators Act
- S. 482: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Examination and Reporting Threshold Act of 2015
- S. 420: Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responders Act
- S. 380: Correctional Officer Fairness Act of 2015
- S. 368: Lieutenant Osvaldo Albarati Correctional Officer Self-Protection Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Feb 2015, Toomey missed 32 of 1,206 roll call votes, which is 2.7%. This is worse than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Cloture Motion Rejected 47/43
Sen. Toomey [R-PA]: YeaMar 2, 2015 5:30 p.m.
Cloture on the Motion to Proceed Rejected 57/42
Sen. Toomey [R-PA]: YeaFeb 27, 2015 11:29 a.m.
Bill Passed 68/31
Sen. Toomey [R-PA]: YeaFeb 27, 2015 11:10 a.m.
Amendment Agreed to 66/33
Sen. Toomey [R-PA]: NayFeb 27, 2015 10:52 a.m.