Our unique analysis of the bills Mink sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2002. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Mink is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Mink was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1906 (107th): Pu’uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park Addition Act of 2002
- H.R. 132 (107th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 620 Jacaranda Street in Lanai City, Hawaii, as the “Goro Hokama Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 1772 (104th): To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to acquire certain interests in the Waihee Marsh for inclusion in the Oahu National Wildlife Refuge Complex.
- H.R. 5503 (94th): A bill for the relief of Divina Mamuad.
- H.R. 1758 (94th): A bill for the relief of Terrence Jarome Caguiat.
- H.R. 1757 (94th): A bill for the relief of Plotemia Mabanag Bareng and Bastiana Lilian Mabanag Bareng.
- H.R. 3203 (93rd): For the relief of Nepty Masauo Jones.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Mink sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (19%) Labor and Employment (14%) Social Welfare (13%) Families (12%) Health (12%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) Law (9%)
Some of Mink’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5297 (107th): Health Care Continuation Coverage Act of 2002
- H.R. 5296 (107th): To revive the system of parole for Federal prisoners.
- H.R. 5066 (107th): To amend title 37, United States Code, to limit the authority of ...
- H.R. 5067 (107th): Compact of Free Association Children’s Health Improvement Act of 2002
- H.R. 5068 (107th): Ovarian and Uterine Cancer Prevention and Treatment Act of 2002
- H.R. 4908 (107th): To require gifts of less than $100 to be disregarded in determining ...
- H.R. 4787 (107th): To amend the impact aid program under section 8003 of the Elementary ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1965 to Sep 2002, Mink missed 667 of 11,191 roll call votes, which is 6.0%. This is much worse than the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills