Our unique analysis of the bills Broun sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Broun is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2014 Report Card for Broun for more statistics.
Broun sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (18%) Economics and Public Finance (18%) Health (18%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (15%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Immigration (8%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (8%)
Some of Broun’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5530 (113th): To require that hunting activities be a land use in all management ...
- H.R. 5544 (113th): Low-Dose Radiation Research Act of 2014
- H.R. 5394 (113th): Department of Education Elimination Act of 2014
- H.R. 3958 (113th): Healing Our Heroes Act
- H.Res. 326 (113th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that any immigration reform ...
- H.R. 2900 (113th): Offering Patients True Individualized Options Now Act of 2013
- H.R. 2373 (113th): Jumpstarting Our Business Sector Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jul 2007 to Dec 2014, Broun missed 200 of 5,616 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. ProPublica has tracked 32 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: