Fannin is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the Senate in 1976 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Fannin sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Fannin was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- S. 2129 (94th): A bill to provide for the definition and punishment of certain crimes in accordance with the Federal laws in force within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction ...
- S. 3574 (93rd): A bill to relinquish and disclaim any title to certain lands and to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to convey certain lands situated in Yuma County, ...
- S. 2940 (93rd): Colorado River Basin Salinity Control Act
- S. 2424 (93rd): A bill to authorize the partition of the surface rights in the joint use area of the 1882 Executive Order Hopi Reservation and the surface and subsurface ...
- S. 2277 (93rd): A bill to declare that certain federally-owned lands shall be held by the United States in trust for the Hualapi Indian Tribe, of the Hualapi Reservation, Ariz.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Fannin sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Labor and Employment (18%) Taxation (17%) Private Legislation (14%) Government Operations and Politics (14%) Native Americans (11%) Social Welfare (9%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Energy (7%)
Some of Fannin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3804 (94th): A bill to direct the Secretary of Agriculture to release a condition ...
- S.Res. 512 (94th): A resolution relating to the consideration of a bill.
- S. 3737 (94th): An original bill to authorize appropriations for purposes of making certain grants ...
- S. 3595 (94th): A bill to amend the National Labor Relations Act to provide for ...
- S.Con.Res. 123 (94th): A concurrent resolution providing for the extension of contract for Fort Mohave, ...
- S. 3558 (94th): A bill to amend the Act of December 15, 1971, relating to ...
- S. 3393 (94th): Voting Rights Act Repealer Amendments Act
From Jan 1965 to Oct 1976, Fannin missed 542 of 5,163 roll call votes, which is 10.5%. This is better than the median of 13.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1976. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills