Read our 2016 Report Card for Gosar.
Our unique analysis of the bills Gosar has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Gosar is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Paul Gosar sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Natural Resources
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
Gosar was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6304 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 501 North Main Street in Florence, Arizona, as the “Adolfo ‘Harpo’ Celaya Post Office”.
- H.R. 3027 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 442 Miller Valley Road in Prescott, Arizona, as the “Barry M. Goldwater Post Office”.
- H.R. 4924 (113th): Bill Williams River Water Rights Settlement Act of 2014
- H.R. 1216 (113th): To designate the Department of Veterans Affairs Vet Center in Prescott, Arizona, as the “Dr. Cameron McKinley Department of Veterans Affairs Veterans Center”.
- H.R. 489 (112th): To clarify the jurisdiction of the Secretary of the Interior with respect to the C.C. Cragin Dam and Reservoir, and for other purposes.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Gosar sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (33%) Health (14%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (11%) Immigration (8%) Environmental Protection (8%) International Affairs (8%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%)
Some of Gosar’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2022: LATTS Act of 2017
- H.R. 1560: Sarah Grace-Farley-Kluger Act
- H.R. 1341: Stop Foreign Donations Affecting Our Elections Act
- H.R. 1042: Responsibility in Federal Contracting Act
- H.R. 825: Public Land Renewable Energy Development Act of 2017
- H.J.Res. 46: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, ...
- H.R. 660: Bureau of Reclamation Transparency Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Gosar’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 612: A bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria Street in Laredo, Texas, as the “George P. Kazen Federal Building ...
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 360/61.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 1947 (113th): Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013
Jun 20, 2013. Failed 195/234.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Apr 2017, Gosar missed 299 of 4,363 roll call votes, which is 6.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 18 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: