Sen. Paul Hatfield
Former Senator from Montana
|Dates||Title / State / District|
See Also: Bioguide
Hatfield was a moderate Democratic follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Hatfield’s time serving in the Senate. Hatfield’s bills had a total of 42 cosponsors in the 95th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Hatfield to other members of the Senate in the 95th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Hatfield’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3336 (95th): Contract Services for Drug Dependent Federal Offenders Act
- S.J.Res. 142 (95th): A joint resolution to authorize and direct the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial ...
- S.Res. 465 (95th): A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate with respect to mutual ...
- S. 2746 (95th): A bill to maintain in effect for 1978 and succeeding years the ...
- S. 2714 (95th): Emergency Wheat Farmers’ Income Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1978 to Oct 1978, Hatfield missed 100 of 511 roll call votes, which is 19.6%. This is worse than the median of 10.6% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills