Our unique analysis of the bills Hodes sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hodes is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hodes sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (24%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Finance and Financial Sector (14%) Housing and Community Development (12%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) Energy (9%) Social Welfare (7%) Education (7%)
Some of Hodes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5918 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide an investment ...
- H.Res. 1570 (111th): Supporting the preservation of internet entrepreneurs and small businesses.
- H.R. 5129 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to treat carsharing and ...
- H.Res. 1283 (111th): Honoring and thanking Dave Brubeck for his contributions to American music and ...
- H.J.Res. 82 (111th): Proposing the “Doris ‘Granny D’ Haddock Amendment of 2010” to the Constitution ...
- H.Con.Res. 253 (111th): Recognizing Doris “Granny D” Haddock, who inspired millions of people through remarkable ...
- H.R. 4857 (111th): To amend title 5, United States Code, to allow amounts to be ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2010, Hodes missed 158 of 3,531 roll call votes, which is 4.5%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 48 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills