Hodes, a Democrat, was the representative for New Hampshire’s 2nd congressional district from 2007 to 2010.
Hodes is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hodes sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Hodes was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hodes sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (24%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Finance and Financial Sector (14%) Housing and Community Development (12%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) Energy (9%) Armed Forces and National Security (7%) Social Welfare (7%)
Some of Hodes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1570 (111th): Supporting the preservation of internet entrepreneurs and small businesses.
- H.R. 5918 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide an investment ...
- H.R. 5129 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to treat carsharing and ...
- H.Res. 1283 (111th): Honoring and thanking Dave Brubeck for his contributions to American music and ...
- H.J.Res. 82 (111th): Proposing the “Doris ‘Granny D’ Haddock Amendment of 2010” to the Constitution ...
- H.Con.Res. 253 (111th): Recognizing Doris “Granny D” Haddock, who inspired millions of people through remarkable ...
- H.R. 4857 (111th): To amend title 5, United States Code, to allow amounts to be ...
|Hodes’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 2965 (111th): Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act of 2010
Jul 8, 2009. Passed 386/41.
The Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010 (H.R. 2965, S. 4023) is a landmark United States federal statute enacted in December 2010 that established a process for ending the Don't ask, don't tell (DADT) policy (10 U.S.C. § 654), thus allowing gays, lesbians, ...
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1908 (110th): Patent Reform Act of 2007
Sep 7, 2007. Passed 220/175.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2010, Hodes missed 158 of 3,531 roll call votes, which is 4.5%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills