Rogers, a Democrat, was the representative for Florida's 11th congressional district from 1973 to 1978.
He was previously the representative for Florida's 9th congressional district (1967-1972); and the representative for Florida's 6th congressional district (1955-1966).
Rogers is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1978 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Rogers sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Rogers was the primary sponsor of 27 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 11702 (95th): Health Maintenance Organization Act Amendments
- H.R. 8212 (95th): A bill for the relief of Charles P. Bailey.
- H.R. 9418 (95th): An Act to amend the conditions for schools receiving capitation grants under section 770 of such Act, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 9796 (95th): Psychotropic Substances Act
- H.R. 5742 (95th): A bill to amend the Controlled Substances Act to extend for 3 fiscal years the authorization of appropriations under that Act for the expenses of the Department ...
- H.R. 6161 (95th): Clean Air Amendments
- H.R. 4975 (95th): Health Assistance Programs Extension Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Rogers sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rogers’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 14285 (95th): A bill to amend the Public Health Service Act and title 37, ...
- H.R. 14284 (95th): A bill to amend the National Housing Act to provide mortgage insurance ...
- H.R. 14264 (95th): Environmental Health Personnel Act
- H.R. 14232 (95th): A bill to amend Public Law 93-233 to delay for one year ...
- H.R. 14226 (95th): A bill to provide for demonstration programs to train and employ AFDC ...
- H.R. 13967 (95th): Food Safety and Nutrition Amendments
- H.R. 13662 (95th): A bill to establish the President’s Commission for the Study of Ethical ...
From Jan 1955 to Oct 1978, Rogers missed 245 of 6,847 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is better than the median of 8.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills