Our unique analysis of the bills Tonko has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Tonko is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Tonko for more statistics.
Paul Tonko sits on the following committees:
Tonko sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Tonko’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5902: Disability Community Act of 2016
- H.R. 4653: Assistance, Quality, and Affordability Act of 2016
- H.R. 4423: Wind Energy Research and Development Act of 2016
- H.R. 4349: Coordinating Crisis Care Act
- H.R. 3420: Weatherization Enhancement, and Local Energy Efficiency Investment and Accountability Act
- H.R. 2961: To establish a research, development, and technology demonstration program to improve the efficiency ...
- H.R. 2622: Fort McClellan Health Registry Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Jul 2016, Tonko missed 34 of 5,641 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 10 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: