Our unique analysis of the bills Wellstone sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2002. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Wellstone is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Wellstone’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3142 (107th): State Prescription Drug Discount Act of 2002
- S. 3143 (107th): Consumer and Shareholder Protection Association Act of 2002
- S. 3009 (107th): Emergency Unemployment Compensation Act of 2002
- S. 2904 (107th): Emergency Retiree Health Benefits Protection Act of 2002
- S. 2900 (107th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service ...
- S. 2875 (107th): A bill to amend the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 ...
- S. 2617 (107th): Motor Vehicle Owners’ Right to Repair Act of 2001
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1991 to Oct 2002, Wellstone missed 63 of 4,096 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is on par with the median of 1.8% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: