Sen. Paula Hawkins
Former Senator from Florida
|Dates||Title / State / District|
See Also: Bioguide
Hawkins was a moderate Republican leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Hawkins’s time serving in the Senate. Hawkins’s bills had a total of 432 cosponsors in the 99th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Hawkins to other members of the Senate in the 99th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Hawkins’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2881 (99th): A bill to terminate United States assistance to any country importing goods, ...
- S. 2822 (99th): A bill authorizing the Secretary of the Interior to preserve the Marshlands ...
- S. 2809 (99th): A bill to authorize the Secretary of Agriculture to expand drug and ...
- S. 2758 (99th): Nevada-Florida Land Exchange Authorization Act of 1986
- S. 2748 (99th): Customs Enforcement Act of 1986
- S. 2719 (99th): A bill to eliminate the statute of limitations for serious drug offenses ...
- S.Res. 456 (99th): A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding a new international ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Oct 1986, Hawkins missed 238 of 2,356 roll call votes, which is 10.1%. This is worse than the median of 5.7% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills