Gallego was the representative for Texas’s 23rd congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2013 to 2014.
Read our 2014 Report Card for Gallego.
Gallego sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Gallego recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 5341 (113th): To delay for 1 year the application of Revenue Ruling 2012-18 with …
- H.R. 5198 (113th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide an appeal …
- H.R. 3296 (113th): Pay America First Act
- H.R. 3214 (113th): Preserve our National Security Act
- H.R. 3215 (113th): Shutdown Pay for Members of Congress Act of 2013
- H.R. 2755 (113th): Border Security Tax Relief Act of 2013
- H.R. 1420 (113th): American Export Promotion Act of 2013
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2013 to Dec 2014, Gallego missed 22 of 1,204 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: