Gallego, a Democrat, was the representative for Texas’s 23rd congressional district from 2013 to 2014.
Read our 2014 Report Card for Gallego.
Gallego sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Gallego’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5341 (113th): To delay for 1 year the application of Revenue Ruling 2012-18 with ...
- H.R. 5198 (113th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide an appeal ...
- H.R. 3296 (113th): Pay America First Act
- H.R. 3214 (113th): Preserve our National Security Act
- H.R. 3215 (113th): Shutdown Pay for Members of Congress Act of 2013
- H.R. 2755 (113th): Border Security Tax Relief Act of 2013
- H.R. 1420 (113th): American Export Promotion Act of 2013
|Gallego’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 3393 (113th): Student and Family Tax Simplification Act
Jul 24, 2014. Passed 227/187.
H.R. 325 (113th): No Budget, No Pay Act of 2013
Jan 23, 2013. Passed 285/144.
From Jan 2013 to Dec 2014, Gallego missed 22 of 1,204 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: