Read our 2018 Report Card for Olson.
Olson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Olson has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 15, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Pete Olson sits on the following committees:
Olson was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 294 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2700 Cullen Boulevard in Pearland, Texas, as the “Endy Nddiobong Ekpanya Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 4877 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3130 Grants Lake Boulevard in Sugar Land, Texas, as the “LCpl Garrett W. Gamble, USMC ...
- H.R. 1558 (114th): Resolving Environmental and Grid Reliability Conflicts Act of 2015
- H.R. 1209 (113th): To award a Congressional Gold Medal to the World War II members of the “Doolittle Tokyo Raiders”, for outstanding heroism, valor, skill, and service to the United ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Olson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Olson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3054: DSH Cuts Delay Act of 2019
- H.R. 3029: Improving Low-Income Access to Prescription Drugs Act of 2019
- H.R. 1901: Preserving Rehabilitation Innovation Centers Act of 2019
- H.R. 1426: Timely Review of Infrastructure Act
- H.R. 1227: Cardiac Arrest Survival Act of 2019
- H.R. 708: Taxpayer Conscience Protection Act of 2019
- H.R. 545: Financial Relief for Feds Act of 2019
From Jan 2009 to Jul 2019, Olson missed 207 of 7,482 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: