Read our 2017 Report Card for Olson.
Olson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Olson has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Pete Olson sits on the following committees:
Olson was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 294: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2700 Cullen Boulevard in Pearland, Texas, as the “Endy Nddiobong Ekpanya Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 4877 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3130 Grants Lake Boulevard in Sugar Land, Texas, as the “LCpl Garrett W. Gamble, USMC ...
- H.R. 1558 (114th): Resolving Environmental and Grid Reliability Conflicts Act of 2015
- H.R. 1209 (113th): To award a Congressional Gold Medal to the World War II members of the “Doolittle Tokyo Raiders”, for outstanding heroism, valor, skill, and service to the United ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Olson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Olson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5013: Cardiac Arrest Survival Act of 2018
- H.R. 4845: Connecting Communities Post Disasters Act of 2018
- H.R. 4849: Taxpayer Conscience Protection Act of 2018
- H.R. 4690: Responsible Settlements for Victims and Taxpayers Act
- H.R. 4582: Preserving Rehabilitation Innovation Centers Act of 2017
- H.R. 2796: Civil Rights Uniformity Act of 2017
- H.R. 1904: Medicare Access to Radiology Care Act of 2017
|Olson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 1765 (113th): Reducing Flight Delays Act of 2013
Apr 26, 2013. Passed 361/41.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Con.Res. 308 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives.
Jul 29, 2010. Passed 231/189.
From Jan 2009 to May 2018, Olson missed 161 of 6,730 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: