Our unique analysis of the bills Olson has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Olson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Olson for more statistics.
Pete Olson sits on the following committees:
Olson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (27%) Environmental Protection (23%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (15%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Immigration (10%) Energy (6%) Commerce (4%) Armed Forces and National Security (4%)
Some of Olson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6157: Contact Lens Consumer Health Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 5812: Civil Rights Uniformity Act of 2016
- H.R. 5116: FREE Act
- H.R. 4877: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3130 ...
- H.R. 4826: Energy and American Security Act
- H.R. 4775: Ozone Standards Implementation Act of 2016
- H.R. 4614: Medicare Access to Radiology Care Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Sep 2016, Olson missed 132 of 5,742 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 3 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: