Stauber is the representative for Minnesota’s 8th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2019. Stauber is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Stauber.
Stauber is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Stauber has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Dec 3, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Pete Stauber sits on the following committees:
Stauber sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Transportation and Public Works (17%) Commerce (17%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Taxation (13%) Crime and Law Enforcement (13%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (13%) Labor and Employment (9%)
Some of Stauber’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 818: Expressing support for shipping on the Great Lakes and the potential for international …
- H.R. 5980: Inflation Transparency for Seniors Act
- H.R. 5942: Restore TRICARE Select Act
- H.Res. 738: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the First Amendment rights …
- H.R. 4932: Manufacturing America’s Mineral Security Act
- H.R. 4899: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 10 …
- H.R. 4584: Healthy Forests for Hunters Act of 2021
From Jan 2019 to Dec 2021, Stauber missed 21 of 1,359 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: