Wilson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the Senate in 1992 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Wilson sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Wilson was the primary sponsor of 18 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S.J.Res. 236 (101st): A joint resolution designating May 6 through 12, 1990, as “Be Kind to Animals and National Pet Week”.
- S.J.Res. 217 (101st): A joint resolution to designate the period commencing February 4, 1990, and ending February 10, 1990, as “National Burn Awareness Week”.
- S.J.Res. 309 (100th): A joint resolution designating the month of May as “National Asparagus Month.”
- S. 2130 (100th): A bill to provide that the Consumer Product Safety Commission amend its regulations regarding lawn darts.
- S. 609 (100th): A bill to direct the Secretary of the Interior to convey a certain parcel of land located near Ocotillo, California.
- S.J.Res. 410 (99th): A joint resolution to designate the period commencing February 9, 1987, and ending February 15, 1987, as “National Burn Awareness Week”.
- S.J.Res. 432 (99th): A joint resolution to designate the period commencing February 9, 1987, and ending February 15, 1987, as “National Burn Awareness Week”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Wilson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (16%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (15%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Social Welfare (12%) International Affairs (12%) Environmental Protection (11%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%)
Some of Wilson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3003 (101st): A bill to provide for the establishment of the Laguna de Santa ...
- S. 2963 (101st): A bill to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to conduct an ...
- S.J.Res. 341 (101st): A joint resolution to designate the week of July 22 through July ...
- S. 2784 (101st): A bill to designate certain lands in Los Padres National Forest as ...
- S. 2778 (101st): A bill for the relief of Shen-Yen Kuan and certain members of ...
- S.J.Res. 340 (101st): A joint resolution designating the week beginning November 11, 1990, as “National ...
- S.Res. 302 (101st): A resolution relating to Asylum Rights for Refugees from Vietnam.
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills