Barca was the representative for Wisconsin’s 1st congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1993 to 1994.
Barca is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1994 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Barca sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 1989 to Nov 29, 1994. See full analysis methodology.
Barca sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Barca’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5129 (103rd): To provide for a reduction in the number of members of the ...
- H.R. 5011 (103rd): Welfare-to-Work Incentives Act of 1994
- H.R. 4923 (103rd): Dairy Equity Act
- H.R. 4893 (103rd): To repeal the North/South Center Act of 1991.
- H.Con.Res. 273 (103rd): Expressing the sense of the Congress that any comprehensive health care reform ...
- H.R. 4127 (103rd): Federal Mandate Compensation Act
- H.Con.Res. 228 (103rd): Expressing the sense of Congress with respect to violence against truckers.
From Jun 1993 to Nov 1994, Barca missed 3 of 922 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: