Our unique analysis of the bills Barca sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1994. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Barca is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Barca sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Barca’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5129 (103rd): To provide for a reduction in the number of members of the ...
- H.R. 5011 (103rd): Welfare-to-Work Incentives Act of 1994
- H.R. 4923 (103rd): Dairy Equity Act
- H.R. 4893 (103rd): To repeal the North/South Center Act of 1991.
- H.Con.Res. 273 (103rd): Expressing the sense of the Congress that any comprehensive health care reform ...
- H.R. 4127 (103rd): Federal Mandate Compensation Act
- H.Con.Res. 228 (103rd): Expressing the sense of Congress with respect to violence against truckers.
From Jun 1993 to Nov 1994, Barca missed 3 of 922 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: