Our unique analysis of the bills Blute sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Blute is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Blute sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (27%) Economics and Public Finance (24%) Social Welfare (13%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%) Health (7%) Immigration (7%) Families (7%) Housing and Community Development (7%)
Some of Blute’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4143 (104th): To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to waive the English language ...
- H.R. 3768 (104th): To designate a United States Post Office to be located in Groton, ...
- H.R. 3639 (104th): To amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act.
- H.R. 2934 (104th): Taxpayer Savings Act of 1996
- H.R. 2882 (104th): To require that the pay and benefits of the President, the Vice ...
- H.R. 2638 (104th): To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to lower the ...
- H.R. 1304 (104th): To deauthorize a feature of the project for navigation, Fall River Harbor, ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Sep 1996, Blute missed 55 of 2,462 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills