Blute was the representative for Massachusetts’s 3rd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1993 to 1996.
Blute is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Blute sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 1991 to Oct 3, 1996. See full analysis methodology.
Blute sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (27%) Economics and Public Finance (24%) Social Welfare (13%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%) Transportation and Public Works (7%) Health (7%) Immigration (7%) Families (7%)
Some of Blute’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4143 (104th): To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to waive the English language ...
- H.R. 3768 (104th): To designate a United States Post Office to be located in Groton, ...
- H.R. 3639 (104th): To amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act.
- H.R. 2934 (104th): Taxpayer Savings Act of 1996
- H.R. 2882 (104th): To require that the pay and benefits of the President, the Vice ...
- H.R. 2638 (104th): To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to lower the ...
- H.R. 1304 (104th): To deauthorize a feature of the project for navigation, Fall River Harbor, ...
From Jan 1993 to Sep 1996, Blute missed 55 of 2,462 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills