Deutsch was the representative for Florida’s 20th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1993 to 2004.
Deutsch is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2004 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Deutsch sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Deutsch sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (23%) Social Welfare (14%) Commerce (13%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) International Affairs (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (11%) Housing and Community Development (9%) Health (9%)
Some of Deutsch’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4867 (108th): To amend title 3, United States Code, to permit an objection to ...
- H.R. 4812 (108th): Stem Cell Discovery Through Diversity Act
- H.R. 4436 (108th): Fair Housing Protection Act
- H.R. 3867 (108th): Haitian Refugee Protection Act
- H.R. 3670 (108th): Anti-Communist Cooperation Act of 2003
- H.R. 3671 (108th): To amend part D of title XVIII of the Social Security Act, ...
- H.Con.Res. 294 (108th): Addressing the decision by OPEC countries to decrease oil production.
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2004, Deutsch missed 390 of 7,080 roll call votes, which is 5.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2004. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: