Kyros, a Democrat, was the representative for Maine's 1st congressional district from 1967 to 1974.
Kyros is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kyros sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Kyros sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Transportation and Public Works (24%) Health (16%) Animals (14%) Crime and Law Enforcement (14%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) Government Operations and Politics (8%) Agriculture and Food (8%) Social Welfare (6%)
Some of Kyros’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 17639 (93rd): A bill to amend the Merchant Marine Act, 1920, to establish a ...
- H.R. 17638 (93rd): A bill to amend the Shipping Act, 1916, to provide for the ...
- H.R. 17420 (93rd): National Commission on Epilepsy and Its Consequences Act
- H.R. 17325 (93rd): A bill to amend the Act of August 24, 1966, for purposes ...
- H.R. 17274 (93rd): A bill to amend the act of August 24, 1966, for purposes ...
- H.R. 17100 (93rd): A bill to amend the act of August 24, 1966, for purposes ...
- H.R. 17055 (93rd): A bill to amend the act of August 24, 1966, for purposes ...
From Jan 1967 to Dec 1974, Kyros missed 209 of 2,648 roll call votes, which is 7.9%. This is on par with the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills