Meijer is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Meijer has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to May 20, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Peter Meijer sits on the following committees:
Meijer sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Meijer recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 7339: Responsible BUILD Act
- H.Res. 945: Condemning Members of the Russian Duma and Federation Council who voted to recognize …
- H.Res. 928: Requesting the President, and directing the Secretary of Homeland Security, to transmit to …
- H.R. 4661: National Supply Chain Database Act of 2021
- H.R. 4662: National Supply Chain Database Act of 2021
- H.R. 4476: DHS Trade and Economic Security Council Act of 2021
- H.R. 3283: To repeal the joint resolution entitled A joint resolution to promote peace and …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2021 to May 2022, Meijer missed 1 of 681 roll call votes, which is 0.1%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: